Tuesday, June 3, 2008

HOPE

5 days after I finished the marathon in Long Branch, I saw my friend Ed. He has been included in all of my mailings and emails, but I have not seen or heard from him very much over the last year. He pulled me aside and said "I keep meaning to respond to your marathon mom updates but I have been really busy with a lot of stuff. I want you to know that I prayed for you every day during your training. I am so glad everything went well." I talked with him for a few minutes about the positive energy I got and Lori got from the community and how that meant more to both of us than the monetary donations (which sure meant and mean a lot!!)

Tonight Ed told me he was diagnosed with Lymphoma. He starts treatment tomorrow.

Please keep Ed in your thoughts and prayers as he takes this next step toward recovery.

This fall I am a volunteer with Team in Training. I am serving as a mentor-which means I will not be fund raising, but I will help others to fund raise and will basically be a cheerleader for a group of runners.

I will also be training and running my second 1/2 marathon (PDR in SEPT)and second full marathon (Philly in NOV).

I would be happy to forward information to donate to my teammates (mentees) in honor of Ed. Please contact me if you are interested megan.grugan@comcast.net

This next season is for you Ed.

Meg

I choose hope.

No comments: